Welcome

Welcome to my blog! Hear life changing words, juicy secrets, and plenty of drama! Well, not really. But what you will get answered is this: What random things are flitting through Petty's mind the few moments a month she manages to get on to here?

Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Shower Incident

After days of silence from me, you may be wondering why I choose now of all days to do rapid-fire updating with three posts in a row. To tell you the truth, I'm slightly scared shitless to take a shower tonight.

Before you judge me too harshly, first I would like to say that I'm in a dark and creepy apartment, and that it is currently night, and I've been watching "American Horror Story" episodes for hours. Which isn't too difficult, seeing as each episode IS an hour.

Anyways, I think I will take this time to recount what is commonly known as (to me at least) The Shower Incident.

I've had many shower incidents over the years. They're episodes of pure terror while I'm taking a shower, primarily spurred on by images of the typical ghost/possessed-person crawl; that strange crawl with inhuman contortions and movements outside the physical range. Ever since I was seven and I saw a commercial for the Grudge 2, fantasies involving these things crawling across the bathroom and climbing over the shower curtain has terrified me to this day. And while not all the horror movies scare me necessarily, they certainly put me in a scared frame of mind, where I can swear something is behind me. Actually, right now I'm repressing the urge to whip my head around to see behind me.

But what separates The Shower Incident from the smattering of other shower incidents over the years, is the noise. For once, my fears had been proved to be true.

I was just taking a shower, not even in one of my terrified frames of mind, when I heard what sounded like three slow footsteps in the hall outside the bathroom door.

Thump, thump, thump.

I thought it was Mom coming in to check on us, as she does occasionally when we're up too late. As we often are.

Thump, thump, thump.

Thump, thump, thump.

The footsteps didn't seem to be getting closer.

Thump thump thump.

In fact, they seemed to start far away yet come closer by the end of each repetition

Thump thump thump.

And they were getting faster.

Thump thump thump

Thump thump thump

I tried to convince myself that they were a figment of my imagination, that there was nothing to be afraid of. That is, until I realized they were getting louder.

THUMP THUMP THUMP

THUMP THUMP THUMP

They were right outside my door.

THUMPTHUMPTHUMP

THUMPTHUMPTHUMP
At this point, I was so terrified, I did the only thing I could do: I leaped from the shower, grabbing a towel and shoving the door open.

THUMPTHUMPTHUMP
I felt all of ten seconds of terror as I realized the noise was in my younger sister's room, when I spun around and saw what was inside.

My sister was up, prancing around on a yoga mat while jazzy music was playing from the computer, a youtube video entitled, "Cardio Exercise".

THUMPTHUMPTHUMP

No comments:

Post a Comment